Graduates' Employability Project
Among the functions of the ACPUA entrusted by Law 5/2005, of 14 June, on the Organisation of the University System of Aragon, is that of "Monitoring the labour market insertion of graduates". The University System of Aragon has so far lacked a systematic programme to monitor university graduates, so that the studies carried out have been punctual with the consequent loss of comparability. In this field, the ACPUA has carried out different actions, such as carrying out a survey, in collaboration with the University of Zaragoza, to university graduates in the academic year 2008/09 or the coordination of a group from the Network of University Quality Agencies (REACU) that defined a basic set of indicators of labour insertion and developed a questionnaire model.
In order to overcome this weakness, and in collaboration with the University of Zaragoza and its Social Council, San Jorge University, the Aragon Institute of Statistics and the General Directorate of Universities, the ACPUA has initiated the development of a systematic follow-up project for university graduates in the University System of Aragon (SUA). Since this project began in 2015, it has allowed us to currently have a first advance of the results of the survey on labour market insertion of SUA graduates in the academic year 2013-2014. Next, the access to the main documents resulting from this project is presented:
- 21st October 2015: Signature of the Framework Agreement between the Aragon Agency for Quality Assurance and Strategic Foresight in Higher Education (ACPUA), the University of Zaragoza, San Jorge University, the Social Council of the University of Zaragoza, the Aragon Statistics Institute and the Department of Innovation, Research and Higher Education of the Government of Aragon, to promote and establish a regular survey to analyze the employability of graduates on the Aragon Higher Education System.
- A first survey operation is carried out, via e-mail, but with a low response rate.
- With the aim of hiring an external company to carry out fieldwork by means of telephone surveys, the Addendum of the Framework Agreement was signed on 27 September 2017.
- After the elaboration of the Project for the follow-up of Graduates of the University System of Aragon, between January 22 and February 16 of 2018, fieldwork was carried out corresponding to the survey of graduates of the University System of Aragon in the academic year 2013-2014. After the statistical exploitation work by the IAEST, on 21 June 2018, the Advance of the results of the Survey on Labour Insertion of Graduates of the University System of Aragon was presented.
- Access to the IAEST website with the resulting statistical tables by University, gender and ISCED codes (type of degrees).
- Access to the Results Progress Report: Survey on Labour Insertion of Graduates of the University System of Aragon.
Since its creation, the ACPUA has collaborated with institutions such as the Employment Observatory of the INAEM and with the Guidance and Employment Service of the University of Zaragoza (Universa).
The close collaboration between this Observatory and the ACPUA led to a project for a labour market insertion survey of university graduates who completed their studies in the 2008/09 academic year. The fieldwork was carried out between December 2010 and March 2011, for a target population of 3,671 university graduates who had previously accepted subsequent contacts from the University. A total of 1,675 surveys were finally carried out through the CATI, with 1.8% error for the entire sample and 95% confidence level.
The Employment Observatory of the INAEM, for its part, provides the ACPUA with time series of university graduates in a situation of unemployment that are used in the elaboration of the different reports.